Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Meditation

Meditation 2 years 3 months ago #42

• cara
Well oficially I am still working step 9 but I am thinking ahead a bit and wondering when I get to step 11 what on earth to do about meditation.
What is it? How do you do it without dying of boredom? And most importantly what do you find to meditate about?
As you might guess my experiences in the past with this have not been entirely positive.
If I am wondering there are a lot of others out there thinking the same so those in the know please share your knowledge.

Cara
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Meditation 2 years 3 months ago #43

• deniss
Cara -
A medical dictionary defines meditation as "A self-directed practice for relaxing the body and calming the mind...".
For me, it is a lead in and lead out to prayer. Sitting, laying or kneeling and clearing my mind of the day's racket. calming myself. Often using phrases that I find quiet and peaceful. I don't contemplate the allness of all or try to unscrew the unscrutable. Just take a time out. Unplug the world and give the head some time to stop going a zillion miles an hour. Nothing more or less...
Hugs,
Dennis

Meditation 2 years 3 months ago #44

• philip
Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

for me= when I pray, that is when I am talking to my higher power and when I meditate, that is when my higher power is talking to me and I am sitting still and listening!! Yo! Yo! Yo!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds