Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Step 12- THE AWAKENING

Step 12- THE AWAKENING 2 years 5 months ago #30

• keithb
Step 12- THE AWAKENING

Step 12/Twelve Steps

Each year I like to run through the 12 steps as written in the book Alcoholics Anonymous. These steps were an adaptation of many works before them, and are a universal truth for all people who want to enjoy good mental Hygiene and an abundant life. They have been adopted by some 150 self-help groups, and in the words of my favourite forensic psychologist, are the best basis for mental health around IF worked and lived.

I am not a step guru, and like to keep things as simple as possible. Step 12 is the long one in terms of words and is one that sets priorities for daily living and the practice of good mental hygiene. Step 12 reads:

Having has a spiritual awakening as a result of THESE STEPS; we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

The step that sets my objectives daily. A step that recognizes the gift working the steps has given me- SPIRITUAL AWAKENING.

Some have moments of spiritual insight, aha moments, as they work the steps. For me, I came to realize the SPIRITUAL AWAKENING talked about in Step 12 has happened as a result of working the previous 11 steps to the upmost best of my ability. The step tells me it happens only after Step 11 is done.

My SPIRITUAL AWAKENING, upon reflection, was remarkable. As a result of working the steps I had changed, I had a whole new attitude and outlook, had hope and serenity and was optimistic and full of gratitude most of the time. I was clean and sober, not carrying a ton of emotional garbage and was of use to myself and others.

In my life, both personal and professional, I try to carry the message to others that there is hope for a better life if you are willing to take the action necessary and take it with honesty. What a great place to be at on the journey; my awakening let me know I had real potential, and with this new higher power in my life, allowed me to take action on areas of my life which up until then, had only been dreams. I was able, with help, to set goals and do things to make them happen harnessing the strength I had gain and the talents I now understood I had.

I was comfortable in my own skin! WOW!! A miracle.

To the best of my ability, I practice the new principles I have gained - gratitude, honesty, trust in a higher power, humility, need for service, openness, and more- in all my affairs just as the "WE" that went before me and walk with me did. To date, it is far from perfect, but I do the best I can each day, and go through what I have learned to make each day as positive and experience for me, and those I touch, as I humanly can.

Today I have decent balance in my life because of working the steps, and enjoy a reasonably good level of mental hygiene. I have been, and will be of use to others, serving others is my life's purpose, and I can do it because of what working the steps gave me.

The principles of the 12 Steps form the foundation of the "Co-Creative Process of Life Recovery". If you want what WE'VE got, a balanced and happy life where dreams become reality, take the first step by going to www.creativeliferecovery.com, or visit me at www.hopeserenity.ca.

I look forward to being part of YOUR own journey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds