Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: step 4

step 4 2 years 4 months ago #83

• ru4jesus
  • Fresh Boarder
I need help working Step 4.. How do I accomplish this step... Help... I need help working the steps in general... victoria
The administrator has disabled public write access.

step 4 2 years 4 months ago #84

I found it really helpful to use the questions on 12Step.org. I began with Step Four questions about childhood and moved up to other ones, and it was great to jog my memory and help keep me on track. God bless you in your quest to do Step Four!

step 4 2 years 4 months ago #85

• cara
I just put Step 4 into Google and I got some great stuff up. The AA stuff is always good as they have been doing this for some time. I started by looking at my resentments and fears and somehow loads of ideas came from that. Ask other people as well, sometimes others can see what you can't. And don't just look for the bad stuff, you need to know your good points too. My sponsor asked me to think of three attributes and it took me a few days of serious thinking to do that without saying 'BUT'.

Be aware though, it is going to get painful, just writing this junk down tears me to bits. But think how good it will feel when you know your Higher power is going to sort these defects of character for you. Hope it goes well for you, this is a really important step. Cara

step 4 2 years 4 months ago #86

• cgktexas
  • Fresh Boarder
I am now "working" step 4 myself. The first thing I did was act on my decison to do it. Then I finally asked for help in getting a sponsor.

I began free writing things that about my character flaws, with no real format or anything. One thing my sponsor told me that helped out is that God already knows what is on the paper. My job was to just uncover what it said. I also found that the book Hunger for Healing had a great section on Step 4 and preparing for step 4. This is helping me to work through it and not feel overwhelmed.

step 4 2 years 4 months ago #87

• theiinme
  • Fresh Boarder
a sponsor is someone who can "translate" what each step means to them and they either talk with you or give you writing to do, so you "emotionally/spiritually" understand the step. i highly suggest getting a sponsor to take you through all of the steps.

step 4 2 years 4 months ago #88

• ski4ever
  • Fresh Boarder
When I think of a resentment of fear I say it into my cell "voice memo" so i don't forget it.
Then I write it down.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds